Nyando Fishmonger Dies After Electrocution By Refrigerator

Maureen Atieno, a fishmonger based in Nyando recently died after she was electrocuted by a refrigerator.

Confirming the incident, Nyando OCPD Leonard Matete said that Maureen who sold fried fish died at her home in Kakola, Nyando Sub-county.

At the time of her death, she was opening the storage device to pick up fish for preparation for the market sale.

According to the police, the incident was reported to them by Maureen’s father-in-law who was within the home at the time.

Maureen touched the fridge door to open it but was electrocuted instantly.

0b8cbb0e electrocution
Maureen Atieno died by a fridge door electrocution

According to the police boss, she began wailing before she fell on the ground.

She was rushed to Boya Hospital but she did not make it there alive.

Her body was then transferred to the Ahero Sub-County Hospital morgue.

Matete said his team as well as KPLC have launched investigations into the unusual accident.

The late Maureen’s death has happened just six months after husband was gruesomely murdered in Busia County.






Related Stories