The city of Wuhan, China has been under lock-down since January 23rd, when the coronavirus outbreak started.
At the time of this story, more than 20,000 people have been infected and over 630 have died in China alone. The number of confirmed cases around the world has risen to 31,420, out of which, 31,000 cases are from Mainland China.
Here are some heart-breaking photos and videos from Wuhan that shed light on the impact of the Coronavirus in Wuhan.
1. Doctors and nurses have to work at all times with virtually no time to rest.
#CoronaVirusWuhan Hospital of Guangdong, announced that some patients were tested negative 5days after they got fever. But the 6th day they were proved infected. This new virus is tricky and none knows why this happens yet. #coronavirus #WuhanVirus #coronaviruswuhan pic.twitter.com/CrIdeaIjEF
— Wuhan Hospital (@HospitalWuhan) February 3, 2020
2. Here you can see them sleeping on the floor and chairs.
A lot of respect for them????????
— Ana | Maraşlı’yı ATV’de izleyin (@Ana_mmihajlovic) February 4, 2020
3. Because the hospitals are flooded with dying and very sick patients.
4. The city of 11 million people and virtually no one can be seen on the street.
5. More than 1000 beds have been set up at an exhibition centre to treat affected patients.
6. Sadly, lifeless bodies are lying on the streets of Wuhan.
— MoonDawn (@Moonfloss1) January 31, 2020
7. Here is a pilot in a protective suit is one of the most haunting pictures.
— Badar Khan (@LipxticRemover) January 29, 2020
8. People are wearing plastic containers on their heads as a protective mask.
9. This looks like something out of a movie.
10. Chinese cities have been completed shut down.
— ZonkNews (@Zonknews20) February 5, 2020
11. Along with ane empty street, stores and offices.
#coronaviruswuhan can be treated as a Mock [email protected] World without Chinese supplies.
So far Make in China supply chain not adversely hit. But present scenario can be used as model – what if Chinese supplies dwindle due to XYZ reasons
Think over it pic.twitter.com/sYsCVTVEz1
— Dr Kapil Sharma (@DrKapilksharma1) February 5, 2020
12. This is a hospital that was built exclusively to treat coronavirus patients in Wuhan.
13. The cities public trains grounded
What the paralysis of twenty first century civilisation looks like. High speed trains 'grounded in Wuhan.'
A little rogue nucleic acid and protein can do all this.
— John Finagin ???? #FBPE (@JohnFinagin) February 11, 2020
14. Nurses treating coronavirus patients left with marks on the face due to masks
I hate a mask for 30min, can’t imagine for days straight. #coronaviruswuhan
Nurses Treating Coronavirus Patients Have Been Left with Marks on Faces Due to Masks https://t.co/g1VygUmW4P
— Dr. Steph "Vaccinated" Hoelscher, DNP (@StephHoelscher) February 7, 2020
15. A Chinese doctor dies after contracting coronavirus while treating patients.
Chinese doctor punished for #coronaviruswuhan warnings dies from disease, WHO confirms https://t.co/vs2EUmLq96 Tragic reminder of the horrific price that whistle blowers in #China far too often have to pay for trying to protect the public interest pic.twitter.com/G4NTrThM3t
— Phelim Kine “老 康“ (@PhelimKine) February 7, 2020
16. Authorities had to fumigate the entire city
— ???????? French Crypto-Kraken ???????? (#Матрикул 8830) (@wewantsarko) February 7, 2020
17. A very EMPTY city