Football enthusiasts around the world are excited about the expected return of the English Premier League on June 17, 2020.
EPL was forced to take a temporary break since the rapidspread of the COVID-19 earlier this year.
Like any other sector of the global economy, the sports industry has suffered the blow of the virus.
According to news reports, a number of the big fish in the industry got infected. From EPL alone, Winger Callum Hudson-Odoi of Chelsea, Arsenal’s head coach, Mikel Arteta and Liverpool’s Sir Kenny Dalglish were confirmed to testing positive.
Now that football is about to be served again, more regulatory measures will be in effect.
According to Premier League’s Chief Executive Richard Masters said that the date cannot be fully confirmed until all the safety measures are met. He further added that,
“The health and welfare of all participants and supporters is our priority.”
A report by the Guardian indicates that all persons that will be present at the matches will undergo a compulsory testing for Coronavirus. From the players, lines men, referees and medical personnel all the way to coaches.
That said, there will be no spectators at the stadium during the matches.
However, plans are underway to ensure that football fans continue to have a great experience.
EPL is extending grace to its supporters. In what is reported to be a mega move, four matches in the league will be televised on BBC for free.