One of the most important documents any motorist in transit is required to have worldwide is a driving license.
In Kenya, police stop hundreds of motorists every day and ask for the driving license. For motorists who haven’t carried their licenses, hefty fines are incurred and sometimes might end in court.
The good news is; you can now renew your driving license from the comfort of your home as long as you can access the internet.
Here’s how to renew your driving license online.
1. Log on to the ecitizen portal.
You will be required to register for an account if you do not have one.
2. After logging into your dashboard, click on the ‘get service’ at the NTSA section.
3. On the TSA dashboard, you will be able to view all the applications you have made. Click on ‘Make an application’ option.
4. Click on driving licenses and choose your preferred option.
5. The one-year license renewal will cost you Sh 600 plus the NTSA convenience fee of Sh50, making it a total of Sh 650.
And the three-year license renewal cost Sh1400, plus Sh50 convenience fee bringing it to a total of Sh1450.
6. Double-check the information you have you entered and make sure all your details are accurate.
7. Click ‘apply now’ button
8. You will then be asked to select your preferred mode of payment; Debit, Credit card, or mobile money (M-pesa).
9. Print your driving renewal license slip.