Bride Shares Sad Story Of Groom Leaving Her At The Altar Because Her Uber Was Late

And you thought you had a bad breakup story!

A Brooklyn woman was devastated when her boyfriend of 10 years not only lied to her about paying for the wedding venue, but on the day of the wedding, didn’t bother to show up after leaving her hanging for hours, claiming his Uber was late.

Nurse Sasha Aristide, 29, was excited to marry her man, office manager Kevin Hyppolite, 30, in October 2018.

The two got engaged in December 2017 and started planning the $20,000 wedding — and Aristide thought everything was fine … until the wedding day.

Bride Shares Sad Story Of Groom Leaving Her At The Altar Because Her Uber Was Late

Aristide said the first sign something wasn’t right was a phone call from her florist on the big day. She told her story on the podcast “RealFix” — about “real people telling their stories” — which was picked up by the Sun.

“My florist called me and told me that the venue had not allowed her in to set up the flowers,” Aristide told RealFix.

“I called Kevin and he told me he was running late. … I didn’t worry because the ceremony wasn’t until 5 p.m., with a drinks reception before.

“But then at 1:30 p.m., one of my bridesmaids told me that her brother had called the venue asking for the address and he had been told that there was no wedding scheduled for today.

“Alarm bells went off in my head.”

Aristide continued getting ready with her six bridesmaids and maid of honor in her Long Island hotel room before finding out the actual wedding venue had not received full payment.

A frantic Aristide kept calling Hyppolite, who kept insisting his Uber was late.

“To the last minute, he said he was coming, he told me he was on his way,” Aristide said.

“He kept lying the whole time.”

Aristide waited three hours before realizing Hyppolite wasn’t coming and breaking up with him — adding she was gaslit the entire time.

“I had no clue whatsoever that he was not planning to show up or having cold feet,” Aristide told the podcast. “I spoke to him the night before, he literally said ‘I love you, I can’t wait to marry you.’ … We were talking the whole day. I realized at 2:30 p.m. and at that point, I didn’t have any emotions. I was so numb and in shock. I felt like I was in a trance.”

To make matters worse, Hyppolite waited several weeks before reaching out to Aristide — by which time, Aristide was done.

“I had no intention of getting back with him,” Aristide said. “Anyone who would do that to you definitely does not love you or care about you. I cut off all connections with him.”

“RealFix” approached Hyppolite for comment and the runaway groom blamed “something personal” as his reason for not showing up, adding: “It wasn’t intentional, it wasn’t planned, it just happened that way.” He then denied he’d tried to get Aristide back but tried to leave the door open, saying the relationship could be repaired if Aristide was willing.

(via NYPost)


Related Stories