Remember the Kenyan man who was beaten over Coronavirus fear? He’s now dead.
A man suspected of having coronavirus in south-eastern Kenya was beaten up by a group of youths and later died in hospital.
Local police chief Nehemiah Bitok confirmed the death to them and said that no arrests had been made so far and investigations were underway.
He said the attackers had accused the victim of having coronavirus.
The attack took place in the fishing village of Msambweni in Kwale county, an area on the coast popular with tourists because of its sandy, white beaches.
According to Kenya’s Daily Nation newspaper, the man was attacked on his way home at around 21:00 local time on Tuesday (1800 GMT) after he had been out drinking.
Kenya’s health ministry has so far confirmed seven cases of coronavirus.
So far the Kenyan Government has imposed strict travel restrictions on foreigners, closed learning institutions and banned public gatherings.