Craving for some Afang Soup? Let me show you how to put one together.
- Cow leg
- Saki (cow stomach)
- Stock fish
- Palm oil
- Ground fresh pepper
- Water leaves
- Smoked fish
- Okazi leaves
Here’s a video that teaches you how to make Afang Soup at home:
- Wash and slice the water leaves into tiny pieces.
- Soak the okazi leaves in hot water for 5minutes, Grind or pound the okazi leaves
- Boil cow leg, saki (cow stomach), stock fish and ponmo with seasoning, salt and onion.
- Add palm oil and ground fresh pepper to the meat when it is soft enough if the stock in the pot is still plenty reduce to a very small quantity before pouring in the palm oil and pepper.
- Add periwinkles (optional).
- Add the chopped water leaves and stir, allow water leaves to wilt into the meat stock for like 3minutes.
- Add crayfish and smoked fish.
- Add the okazi leaves and stir. Lower the heat to prevent the water leaves from over cooking.
- If it is looking slightly dry, add a little palm oil to top up and taste for salt and seasoning add little to taste if necessary.
Serve with semo and ENJOY!