Willy Paul has today morning posted a video of him in his living room ranting about his money being stolen.
What captured the attention of netizens were the two shinny knife blades he was brandishing on both his two hands.
This outburst comes after KECOBO revealed in a forensic audit of 2017-2018 that CMOs have been misappropriating funds meant for artistes.
The audit of Music Copyright Society of Kenya (MCSK), Performers Rights Society of Kenya (PRISK) and Kenya Association of Music Producers (KAMP) exposed the following notable issues.
- Diversion of royalties.
- Poor Corporate Governance and separation of roles.
- Non-existence of critical policy documents or breach of existent policies in human resource, finance, procurement, operations and ICT.
- Non-remission of statutory deduction and non-compliance with statutory requirements.
- Negligence in asset management, debt recovery and irregular payments.
- Suspected fraudulent transactions.
- Significant structural and administrative gaps in management.
- Ghost or duplicate members; and
- Poor record-keeping in general
The non-compliance exposes the three societies to serious risk of misappropriation of funds; civil and criminal liability and loss of income from penalties and sanctions.
WATCH the video below:
— Future Ex (@bryoshavin) September 10, 2020