Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo won the 2016 presidential race against John Dramani Mahama and will be the 5th president of the 4th Republic of Ghana.
Here are 5 reasons why Nana Addo and the NPP won the election.
1. One This-One That was a better and relatable slogan than JM Toaso.
The people of Ghana started playing with Nana Addo’s One District-One Factory and One Village-One Dam with their own version. Was much fun that just saying JM Toaso.
2. So Nana Addo and the NPP stuck to the script on speaking on the issues that Ghanaians wanted to hear.
3. Onaapo was too good a trolling song than a winning song
The moment that song dropped for Mahama’s campaign, everyone accepted it was dope. So dope even the opposition party couldn’t ignore.
— Brizzy_gh (@AmBrizzy_GH) December 9, 2016
4. We loved seeing Samira Bawumia on our screens and wanted more.
5. People think Mahama did not have a running mate.
6. While the NPP had this guy.
7. This guy also did not help President Mahama and the NDC.
8. When it was all said and done, Nana Addo had more than one million votes than President John Dramani Mahama.
Want more stories like this?
Get Our Best Stories Delivered Straight To Your Phone