Nana Akufo-Addo has officially been sworn in as the Fifth President of the Fourth Republic of Ghana by the Chief Justice Georgina Theodora Woode on Saturday, January 7, 2017.
President Nana Akufo-addo shortly after taking the oath of office delivered his very first address as President to the nation, and here some of the quotes that caught our attention.
1. I will protect the public purse. We will provide vision and direction.
2. I ask you to be citizens, not spectators: citizens not subjects.
3. It is time to make sure that there is a true separation of powers in our arms of government.
4. I will not let you, the people of Ghana down.
5. The change we have voted for has to start with each individual. I ask you to be responsible citizens.
6. It is time to define what being a Ghanaian ought to mean. Being a Ghanaian must mean you sign up to a definable code of conduct.
7. I shall protect the public purse by insisting on value for money in all transactions.
8. I see exciting times ahead, the rule of law will be the underlining tenet of our governance.
9. We should learn and accept that we do not own the land, but hold in trust for future generations.
10. State coffers are not the spoils for victorious political parties. I promise to protect the public purse.
11. After 60 years of independence, we no longer have any excuse for being poor.