Let me show you how to put together the very best Edikang Ikong Soup.
- Cow leg
- Saki (cow stomach)
- Stock fish
- Palm oil
- Ground fresh pepper
- Water leaves
Here’s a video that teaches you how to make Edikaikong Soup at home:
- Season and boil my cow leg, saki, ponmo and stock fish.
- When the meat is tender enough add palm oil and ground fresh pepper, if the stock in the meat is much reduced to a small quantity before pouring in the palm oil and pepper and allow the palm oil dissolve.
- Add periwinkle and waterleaf and stir. Cover the pot, lower the heat and let this steam for 5minutes.
- Add crayfish, smoked fish and ponmo and let it cook for 3minutes.
- Add the ugu and stir, let it cook for another 5minutes.
- Taste for salt and seasoning, if you need more add a little
Serve with semo and ENJOY!