Let’s talk male fashion…
When it comes to dressing up for an event or special occasion, most men go for the classic suit and tie; after all, isn’t that world’s best way to show up looking dapper, dandy and hella sharp? Actually, the answer is no…
That’s right. You don’t have to wear a suit and tie to look great if you don’t feel like. Here are other options you can give a try that will still guarantee you a sharp and sophisticated look:
1. Wear separates. Favorite pants paired with a nice blazer that makes a statement.
Be sure though that the colors, textures & silhouettes of the two are in sync.
2. Ditch the tie! Seriously…it’s overrated.
Accessorize with a male brooch instead.
3. Suspenders take you back to the victorian era;
But paired with modern pieces, you get that victorian-meets-modern look that we love!
4. You can never go wrong with a West African male fashion inspired look
5. Go for a collar-less long sleeved shirt paired with fitting cropped pants and loafers or oxfords that don’t require you to wear socks.
6. Give your shirt and tie a break and pair your suit with a nice fitting tee.
Do not be afraid to go for tees with vibrant colors. Keep in mind that real men wear pink!
7. A button up cardigan gives a nice clean look either paired with jeans or formal pants.
8. When unsure, go for an African print ensemble. Nothing too shout-y, busy and all over the place though; the simpler, the better.
9. Lastly, it’s important to remember that Shoes are the finishing touch on any outfit and it is important to complete a look with the perfect pair!
Want more stories like this?
Get Our Best Stories Delivered Straight To Your Phone