Let’s face it, stereotypes are deeply rooted in our society.
When you think of a Jamaican girl, the first thing that comes to your mind is a heavy Jamaican accent, twerking video vixen in skimpy clothes. Some sexy bad gyal, a fine ting. Wagwan!
But that’s just because that’s what we see in mainstream media and in the popular Jamaican music videos. Not all Jamaicans have dreadlocks, not all Jamaican girls dress leaving nothing to the imagination and Alaine is the perfect example.
Kenyans love Alaine, heck, she’s been here so many times, collaborated with some of our artistes such as Wyre and Willy Paul and even sang in Swahili. It’s time she became Kenyan right?
Alaine has the ‘IT’ trifecta any superstar needs to succeed in the world of stardom. Talent, beauty, and style!
The ‘spin mi’ hit singer’s style is so sophisticated and ladylike that we tend to forget she’s a Jamaican ‘bad Gyal’.
Here are some of her finest looks:
1. How cute is this one hand sleeved white dress with embellishment details? I’m swooning!
On an Instagram post, she says that she and her mom were the brains behind this dress. Incredible!
2. A play suit with a peter pan collar would make for a great night out look, paired with sexy heels.
3. From the color to the unstructured design, this jumpsuit is EVERYTHING!
4. Ulalaa, baby got back. Doesn’t she look stunning in jumpsuits?! She makes them look so easy to wear and style.
5. An all white crop top & pants set ensemble is always a good idea.
6. As well as an all black one.
7. In all honesty, the little white dress is one of the most underrated wardrobe items.
A little white dress, especially with lace details makes for such a classy outfit.
8. A cold shoulder dress paired with shoes with a pop of color is the perfect casual outfit for a date or brunch with your boo.
9. Here, she gives us camo vibes with another cold shoulder look that’s also a high low dress. How unexpected! Slay queen!
10. High waisted palazzo pants paired with a fitting crop top is the perfect sunny Saturday or Sunday afternoon look especially for a festival such as Koroga.
11. Exaggerated sleeves such as bell sleeves or ruffled sleeves are having their big moment in fashion this year.
Get you a sexy fitting dress with ruffled or bell sleeves to join in on the trend.
12. We love her simple jeans and vest look. A perfect sunny weekend look.
Throw on some sexy sunnies, hand accessories, and comfy sandals and voila!
Want more stories like this?
Get Our Best Stories Delivered Straight To Your Phone