Game of Thrones is the most popular and most anticipated American show in Kenya, netting fans from all ends of the spectrum.
The epic TV series has always managed to be equal parts frustrating and addictive, making for a tenuous balance that never seems to tip in the wrong direction.
By the way, have you watched the trailer for season 7?
The question is, why do people like it so much? What is it about the show that’s so compelling? Why do we look forward to every single season yet we don’t accord the same favor to other TV shows?
Here are a few reasons why Kenyans are so into this show.
1. Because our friends like it.
Let’s face it. A lot of Kenyans don’t like Game Of Thrones out of their own free will. They like it because their friends like it. Peer pressure mi tell yo.
2. People want to see ‘that short guy’.
He’s called Tyron Lannister. Damn you fake fans. Don’t refer to him as ‘that short guy.’ Grrrrr.
3. Or to see John Snow…….and all the Starks (not to forget Khaleesi).
4. Because you feel awkward and out of place when you don’t watch it.
Everyone always seems to talk about it.
5. But you feel yourself when you watch it.
People who don’t watch it seem like peasants to you. It’s like you are a prince/princess or something.
6. Even if you stop watching it, you’ll still hear about something interesting that happened and you’ll go back to watch it.
7. Or maybe because it’s just really good.
8. And you keep guessing what’s gonna happen next.
9. The mythical creatures and animals are exciting.